Business & Industry Associations
Membership in the Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber of Commerce brings practical benefits that help your business every day. The Chamber has dedicated itself to promoting and supporting the interests of the businesses and individuals that comprise its membership.
The Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber of Commerce is a 501 c (6) non-profit, pro-business, private membership organization, working for the community of Dahlonega and Lumpkin County in becoming a great place to live, work, visit and do business. The Chamber unites hundreds of businesses and professional firms, thus creating a ''unified voice'' working to improve business and build better communities.
Large and small businesses are members. However, 95% of the members of our Chamber represent Small Businesses with 5 or fewer employees. The strengths of a Chamber lie in the number and diversity of its membership. The larger the membership, the greater the pool of resources from which ideas, energy and finances can be drawn.
The Chamber functions through its members who elect a Board of Directors, who in turn select the Plan of Work for each year. All positions are volunteer-positions, except for the Chamber staff. The Chamber has a 21-member Board of Directors, a 5-member Tourism Board, 5 full-time and 1 part-time professional staff members.
The Chamber is not a department of the City, County, or State government, a political body, a civic club or professional society, a charitable institution, or a public relations or advertising agency.
''When you invest in your Chamber, you invest in your business.''
- The Chamber works on your behalf to enhance and maintain a healthy business climate in Lumpkin County.
- Grow your business by participating in Chamber programs and networking with other business people in the area.
- Let the Chamber be your legislative advocate, monitoring decisions concerning your business.
- Gain access to Chamber seminars, workshops, committees, and marketing & advertising opportunities.
- Support the development of Dahlonega and Lumpkin County and have a voice in its direction.